Local Hospital Gets Positive Patient Feedback

West Middlesex had third highest A&E score in UK

Related links

Sign up for email newsletters from ActonW3.com, BrentfordTW8.com, ChiswickW4.com, EalingToday.co.uk, FulhamSW6.com HammersmithToday.co.uk, PutneySW15.com, ShepherdsBushW12.com, WandsworthSW18.com and WimbledonSW19.com

Feedback from patients at West Middlesex University Hospital shows that the overwhelming majority are happy with the treatment they had received and would recommend the hospital to their friends and family, according to the hospital.

In October, of the 916 patients who completed a questionnaire about their experiences, 96% said they would be either extremely likely or likely to recommend the hospital.

Patients attending the hospital’s A&E department were particularly satisfied, giving it the third highest score in the country.

Of the 318 patients who completed a questionnaire in October, 87% said they would be extremely likely to recommend the A&E department to their friends and family and a further 11% saying they would be likely to recommend it; giving a combined 98% of patients saying they would recommend the department.

The results come from the Friends and Family Test survey, a new Government initiative introduced in April that aims to give hospitals and the public regular and up to date feedback on what patients think about their services.

Initially the survey was carried out on adult inpatients and adults attending A&E. Since 1 October it has now been extended to maternity, asking new mums about their experiences in hospital.

In addition to rating the ward or department they were treated on, patients are encouraged to give their comments.

Tonie Neville , Acting Deputy Director of Nursing and Midwifery at the hospital and the lead for the Friends and Family Test said: “It is very encouraging that the majority of our patients are satisfied with the care and treatment they have received from us. Having timely feedback like this also means we can act on any issues quickly and make changes for the benefit of all our patients. I would encourage all patients who are asked to fill in one of our these questionnaires to do so, and to ask for one if they are not offered it. The more feedback we receive the better able we are to make improvements.”

The results for the Trust can be seen at: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Pages/nhs-friends-and-family-test.aspx

 November 22, 2013