Boy, 16 Jailed for Helping Gang to Rob Friends

Four men robbed at knifepoint after teen left door open for them to enter

Related links

Nico Hoyle

Hammersmith Police Station

Police Investigate Racist Attack on King Street Polish Centre

Man Appears in Court Charged with Margravine Cemetery Rape

Jail for Burglar Caught by Met 'Super Recognisers'

Register for the Shepherd's Bush Newsletter

Get the Hammersmith newsletter

Register for the Fulham Newsletter

A 16 year-old boy from Glenrosa Street in Sands End, Fulham who arranged for his friends to be held at knife-point and robbed of a £16,000 luxury watch has been jailed for nine years.

The teenage boy was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court to an extended sentence of 14 years' imprisonment, comprising of nine years custodial term for two counts of aggravated robbery and an extension period of five years.

He was found guilty of the offence at the same court following a week-long trial.

His three accomplices were also sentenced during the same hearing.

Nico Hoyle, 24 of no fixed above was sentenced to 20 years' imprisonment after being found guilty of two counts of aggravated robbery.

Jade Stewart-Duncan, 22, of Lime Grove in Shepherds Bush, was sentenced to 19 years' imprisonment, comprising of a 14 year custodial term after pleading guilty to two counts of aggravated robbery at an earlier hearing.

Carlos Yantnarain, 28, of Becklow Road in Hammersmith, who pleaded guilty prior to the start of the trial is due to be sentenced on 22 July.

At around midday on 10 December 2015, the 16 year-old boy visited his friends' flat in Parfrey Street, off Fulham Palace Road in Hammersmith. Shortly after arriving he went outside to smoke a cigarette, deliberately leaving the front door ajar.

Armed with knives, Hoyle, Stewart-Duncan and Yantnarain followed the teenage boy inside where they threatened three men inside, one aged 21 and one aged 20, and stole a number of items including a £16,000 Hublot watch.

One of the 20 year-old victims was able to flee the scene whilst the gang were stealing the items and managed to flag down a passing police car responding to an unrelated 999 call.

Officers followed the victim to his address where they saw three men fleeing the scene. The officers gave chase and were able to stop Yantnarain and Stewart-Duncan in nearby Lochaline Street.

A short distance from where the two were stopped, officers found a knife and a number of the stolen items including an iPhone and a games console.

Officers also discovered Yantnarain in possession of the watch. The teenage boy was located a short distance from the scene and along with Yantnarain and Stewart-Duncan, the three were arrested and charged in connection with the robbery.

Hoyle was later identified as the fourth person involved in the robbery and three months after the incident officers were able to locate him and arrest him.

All four were charged as above.

Trainee Detective Constable Benjamin Harrison-Roye, from Hammersmith and Fulham CID, said: "This was an orchestrated and planned robbery with the teenage boy providing vital information to the others involved in the lead up to the robbery.

" In the week before the incident he attended the address and took a mental inventory of the most valuable items. He then arranged for his accomplices to support him in carrying out the robbery specifically targeting the items he had earlier seen.

"The youth was supposed to be a trusted friend of the victims but he took advantage of this friendship and put his victims through an awful ordeal. I am pleased with the sentences that have been handed down today and all four will now spend a considerable time behind bars."


June 27, 2016