Complete your application for an arts grant from Wandsworth Council by 6th September
The small grants fund aims to support new initiatives, extensions of existing projects, or experiments with new work. Individuals can apply for up to £500 and organisations can apply for up to £1,500. The grant can cover up to 70 per cent of the overall project budget.
The council’s arts team is available to talk through ideas in advance of the deadline and applications from residents based in Battersea and Roehampton, which engage diverse participants and hard to reach groups, are particularly welcome.
Deadlines for the small grant applications are:
Monday 6 September 2010 - you will be notified by Monday October 4
Monday 6 December 2010 - you will be notified by Monday January 18
Monday 7 February 2011 - you will be notified by Monday March 14
The arts team is hosting a free workshop to explain more about the scheme and to help residents with their applications. The session takes place Monday 6 September, from 12.30pm to 2.30pm at Northcote Library, 155e Northcote Road, SW11. There is no need to book.
|The scheme aims to:
· Encourage development and presentation of high quality, engaging, imaginative new work
· Support experimentation and research in all art forms
· Enable Wandsworth residents to develop their creative potential
· Provide opportunities for participation, appreciation and understanding of the arts by new and existing audiences, especially those who are considered hard to reach
· Encourage partnership working within the borough and across London
· Create opportunities for volunteering and mentoring.
September 2, 2010