'Securing jobs, homes and families'
Highlighting Labour’s successes in bringing about Safer Neighbourhood Teams, rebuilding Ealing’s Schools, new street lighting for the entire borough and the creation of London’s newest park in decades, Northala Fields, Labour insists that residents would be better off under a Labour Council and Labour Government.
Ealing’s key pledges at the forthcoming poll are:
* Action on crime with more uniformed offices on the streets in your area and CCTV in crime hotspots
· Investment in schools to improve standards and give parents better choices
· A new partnership with local businesses and housing associations to create new jobs and build 3,000 affordable homes
· A 24/7 Grimebusters hotline to report local trouble-spots and get action to clear them within 24 hours.
· Keeping your council tax low with a freeze in the first year
Stressing the choice voters will have between Tory cuts and Labour investment on May 6th, Labour Leader Julian Bell said “Labour both nationally and locally are committed to protecting frontline services and we will do this through sensible use of residents’ money. No more taxpayer funded party political propaganda, no more million pound housing benefit handouts, no more lavish increases to councillors’ allowances. We’ll deliver what we pledge whilst freezing Council Tax in the first year, something the Tories voted against”
April 15th, 2010